Please state any suggestions, problems, or comments about the program here.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I'm looking for some good feedback and critique of the program. It is necessary for me to know if this program is working right and does what it should do.

Any additional features request also would be helpful.

Regards.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I can help you in somethings when i'm not loaded in work, if you want help let me know.

I have downloaded your source it's pretty good.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 2:43 AM
glhrmbhnrt wrote:

I can help you in somethings when i'm not loaded in work, if you want help let me know.

I have downloaded your source it's pretty good.

I will appreciate any help or any ideas that could make this project grater.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:23 PM
You have just saved me about 20 phone calls a day.

I work for the call center and am the engineer for a local ISP.

We install ATA's at homes over our FTTH network for digital home phone. Just until recently we never thought to put a static on the ATA'a then put the IPs on whats up to keep a constant ping on them. They were loosing ARP. And with no documentation to know what IP the ATA pulled so we can ping it, we would either have to contact the customer or the customer would call us in a rage. Then I have to proceed to ask them to push * 6 times and attempt to tell me the IP on the ATA. -Yeah, it sucks.

Plus, there is only 2 people who answer the phones here. One of them is the Network Admin. So we can get a bit busy and not want to deal with that.

I started finding the IP's that were on DHCP and put them on static and am keeping constant pings via whatsup.

But your IP scanner helps me even more. I scanned the entire network. (a butt load of ips) And was able to watch people gain ARP again. Then I could proceed to log into the ATA and put a static on it and get it on a constant ping. Thus getting rid of the need to contact the customer, and fixing it before they even knew that their phone was down.

Thank You for making my life a whole lot easier with this tool.

The only thing I could ask for would be:
1, to have a scheduler for it to scan IPS that way I could have it scan every night, keeping arp on everything.
2, a constant feature. (unless I cant find it,) that after the scan completes it would start over on its own again and keep going forever. Constant pings = constant ARP.

THANKS AGAIN MR. LIFE SAVER GENIUS!